May 5, 2009

Paung Oeum's New Business






















I received pictures from Cambodia last month of the equipment that the Paung family were able to buy. Tin has told me that he is doing quite well and getting more business all the time. I would have posted this much sooner but things have been very hectic lately.



The air compressor cost $289 by itself and to me it is amazing that he could get the other items with the little money he had left.
Here is a note from Tin after his first visit with Paung.

Yes, last three days I was with 2australians tourist. We stopped at Paung Oeum's house. I chatted with about his business about 15mns. He told me that his business is on the way. He said he can make $3 to $5 dollars a day. He told me that all spare parties were used all and he went to market to get another spare parties for three time already since we bought the first spare parties for him. He said that last harvest month his family got a few hundreds kg of rice to feed 16members so this amount of rice is not enough. So, he said, he has to use the profit money from repairing the bikes to buy some more rice for his family. He said, however he will try to save some money to some more spare parties. As the result, I could see his happy face. He showed me a big smile when I got there while he was repairing two bikes. This is his first hand improvement. I will follow up again when I drive pass there.

It is such a great thing that we can put a family in business for a relatively small amount of money.

I will have my next fundraiser in late June. Some of my friends have come up with some very interesting ideas that I hope will be a big success.

Conrad

No comments: